Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Traveling Flat Penguin

I got a package in the mail about a week ago from a college friend (Jenn Coyne), who is now a Kindergarten teacher in NJ. Inside was "Diamond Ring", a flat penguin who had been expertly colored by one of her students. "Diamond Ring" the penguin took a little trip around Sugar Land with me the other day and this was her adventure...
I know this isn't exactly Stockholm Family news, but I had a fun time taking her photo around town and then blogging about her trip on the class's website. Next week, Diamond Ring and I will take a "virtual trip" to NASA! I think the kids will get a kick out of that.
Here's Diamond Ring on her trip to Sugar Land :

She got to try on a police uniform


Then she took a self defense class where she learned to stay away from strangers!


After that she took a tour of the sugar factory, where everything smelled so sweet


And as a finale to the day, she got to ride on a real police motor cycle!

No comments: