October flew by in a blink of an eye! I just can't believe it's November already!
Mom's visit went very well. We were able to sew all of the bedding for the crib along with a valance. We ended up missing the Air Show because we thought it would be too cloudy, but we had plenty of fun at home.
Mark painted the baby's room (two walls are a soft yellow and the other two are a very light green), and put together the crib. I can't wait to get everything together so I can post pictures of the room! Oh, and I'm officially 28 now!!! I don't feel 28. I feel more like 27 still. hehehe
Halloween was very quiet this year. With all the children in our neighborhood, I was very surprised that we didn't have more Trick-or-Treaters! I had a bunch of candy left over, which my co-workers were pleased with :)
Although we didn't have that many kids come by, we did get to meet our neighbors from down the street. They seem very nice, and I was so glad that they took the time to introduce themselves.
Speaking of neighbors, it's looking like the house next door may soon be on the auction block! We've had quite a few visitors there in the last couple of weeks, and being the nosey cop that I am, I talked to every last one of them. We've had contractors there to survey the land for landscaping, cleaners to empty out the leftover belongings, and a few citizens who were just nosey like me. Our only concern now is what type of people will buy the house. As difficult as it was to have our old neighbor, I'm sure there are worse people that could move in. So say a prayer that it doesn't get sold to shady characters, and our street can stay civilized!
We're past the half-way point with baby, and so far everything looks good. We have to go back for another ultrasound on Wednesday because during the last one, she kept hiding her face. They just need to take a look-see to make sure everything is forming correctly. It'll be nice to get another peek at her though! Hopefully she will be more cooperative this time.
Mark received his letter from HFD saying that the next test date is in January. He has already taken and passed the written test, now he has to take the physical exam in order to make it into the next academy class. There are two classes, one in April and one in June. As much as I would hope for the cooler weather of April, financially it would be awesome if he could get into the June Class so I could be back to work and making my full paycheck again. So say a prayer that everything goes smoothly and he is able to finally get back with HFD after all this time.
Tomorrow I have a family session booked, so I'll be busy with that. Hopefully I will be able to post some photos soon of the nursery and of ultrasounds...I know that I've been slacking in that department. Mark and I discussed doing maternity photos, and I think we're going to try it ourselves. We'll see how that works, and if we're not happy, I'm sure I can find a fellow photographer in our area to do them. I'll keep you posted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Can't wait to see the maternity photos!
Post a Comment