Thursday, February 17, 2011

My husband the Arborist

As if we didn't have enough changes going on in our lives (what, with the baby only 2 weeks away and the nursery to finish), we've decided to embark on a huge task. While I was at work today, Mark and our good friend Mike took down "the junk tree" in our front yard. We've talked about removing this ugly thing for quite some time now, and I guess Mark is nesting more than I am, because the tree is pretty much gone!
Along with the tree went two Sego Palms (I hated those things...they would stab me everytime I got in or out of my car) and a number of medium sized bushes. When Spring arrives (which will be any day now in Houston), we'll put sod down and have some bricks or landscaping stones placed around the two trees we have left.

I don't have any "before" pics, but here are some "as they were working" pics!
When it's all done, I'll be sure to update you all!




No comments: