Last week was pretty crappy. On a scale from 1 to 10 of crappiness, I would give it a solid 11. But seriously, I am glad that we were able to make it home to see my family and be with them during this time. I got to see my cousin Aaron who I had missed the last few trips back home, and that was great. I realized that my family is truly crazy, and that I love them for it.
In true Carter fashion, the wake was loud and crowded. I'm sure if Grandpa was watching he was smiling down on us. Grandma is holding up alright. She had her moments, but I think these next few weeks will be harder on her once everyone goes back to their normal lives.
They buried my Grandpa's ashes today. In a strange way, I'm glad I wasn't there. I guess I don't want to be there for the ending. I will always miss him, but my faith comforts me. I know that he is in such a better place now; I find everytime that I think of him, although I am sad that he is not here, I am filled with an overwhelming feeling of joy to know that he is with Jesus. Grandpa will always be smiling, happy and vibrant in my memory. I'm sure he is up there telling jokes, laughing and keeping the angels on their toes.
Rest In Peace Grandpa
Lawrence Seitz Carter
October 21, 1927 - August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Again my condolences about your Grandpa. I am so glad you guys got to go home to be with your family. I am sure they needed you there as much as you needed to be there.
Thanks Meghan!
I got your email; sorry I haven't responded yet. We'll have to get together for Mexican food when you have a day off.
Post a Comment