Thursday night as I was getting ready to go to work, I realized that it felt a little warm in the house. I checked the thermostat and found that it was 78 degrees (as opposed to the normal 75). Thinking this was odd, but not really paying much attention to it, I lowered the thermostat and went about my day. I get a text message from Mark later that night saying "there's something wrong with the A/C. It's 80 degrees in the house".
It turns out that the fan motor burned out. We weren't able to get anyone to come out to fix it before the hurricane, so we're still A/C-less.
Ike came and went leaving many downed trees and powerlines in his wake. We lost a tree in our backyard to Ike, but Thank God it didn't hit the house and didn't damage anything in the yard. I finally got home from work on Saturday around 4pm and found that the power had been off for quite some time. The freezer was emptied, needless to say.
Today (Sunday) around noon the power finally came back on. I'd like to find a power company worker and give him/her a big hug. Our neighborhood is one of the few that has been restored power, and I am VERY thankful for that.
Mark worked his butt off Saturday into Sunday, and didn't get a wink of sleep over a 36 hour period. But thankfully there is a cold front coming in, so with the windows open and the fans on, he should be able to get some sleep tonight.
I'm heading back to work on 12 hours schedules tomorrow (Monday night) and I won't be home again until Friday morning. Hopefully I'll be able to find a place to rest at the PD, as I will be covering 2 shifts at the hospital as well as my normal duty.
But Mom is coming to visit Friday, which makes it all better.
Hopefully we will have the A/C fixed by the time she gets here, so she will be comfortable.
Here's the tree :(



No comments:
Post a Comment