Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Italy and Beyond

Well kids, we're back! The trip to Paris was a bit bumpy, but the food that they served on Air France out weighed any turbulence. I must say if anyone is thinking of traveling to Europe, take Air France! They are great! After a very short layover in Paris, we jetted off to Rome.

We spent 2 weeks in Italy with Jon and Torie, and although it was cold and rainy most of the time, we were able to get out a little to see Napoli, Paestrum and some museums. Lyla (our God daughter) is 13 months now and certainly a handful. She is such a wonderful baby, that we wanted to take her back to the states with us. I think the best part of the trip was just staying home and hanging out with them.

We visited the 2nd largest amphitheatre in Italy, scoured the Catacombs of San Gennaro, walked through the streets of Naples and toured an ancient castle on the sea, strolled through Greek ruins and saw some of the most beautiful sculptures in the Napoli Museum. All in all it was a good time. The food of course was to die for, and I think we both came back a few pounds heavier, but it was worth it.

On our trip home we had the best luck! The plane from Rome to Newark was empty, so Mark and I stretched out in the middle rows for a nap. Then the passenger in front of us got rude about wanting to smoke, so we got free wine. Then when we landed in Newark, we stopped at the president's club for directions to the USO and they signed us in the President's club! With all that luck we should have bought lottery tickets!

We took LOTS of pictures this go around, and below is a small sampling of what we saw while in Italy.









1 comment:

Tyson and Reannin said...

I'm glad you and Mark had such a nice time in Italy. Again, I'm jealous. Those pictures are gorgeous!