Monday, March 30, 2009

The votes are in...

and I didn't really listen :) After a few weeks, I received 5 votes for the name of the new photography company. 2 votes for Stockholm Photography, 2 votes for Chameleon Photography and only 1 vote for LVS Photography. Although I love Stockholm Photography, I felt that I was given a sign on Friday night when I received a beautiful gift from our friends Tyson and Reannin; a silver business card case with "LVS" engraved on it. As soon as I saw it, I said "well, that's it then...LVS Photography it is".

Our friends Tyson and Reannin exchanged wedding vows this past Saturday at Heather's Glen in Conroe TX. The day couldn't have been more perfect! The sun was shining, the breeze was cool and light, and of course the bride was gorgeous! I photographed their wedding and have started a new blog for LVS Photos (www.LVSPhotography.blogspot.com). So add it to your favorites and check out my new work. Hopefully I'll have a new website up soon, but until then I'll be posting on there with all my upcoming jobs.

But, enough work...let's talk about fun stuff! Mark completed his first solo flight at 10 hours of flight time (which by the way is the minimum time needed to solo). His instructor said that he is picking things up so fast that he wouldn't be surprised if he was doing his cross-country flight by about 18 hours. He's at 15.7 hours as of now, so one more cross country with the instructor and then he's on his own up to Austin and back. I am so very proud of him! This is something he has wanted to do for a long time, and now it is finally becoming a reality. He still has quite a few hours to go, but his instructor has alot of faith in his abilities, and so do I. Friends of ours (Ellie and Bryan) are coming for a visit, the last weekend of April, so we're hoping to get Mark and Bryan flying together, as Bryan already has his private pilots license and his instrument rating. Maybe Ellie and I could even go up with them!

We had a great time at the Sutton wedding Saturday. We (or should I say Mark) sat with Tyson's Godparents Andy and Elizabeth, and his brother Scott and his wife Lisa. What a delightful group of people! We really got along with them and hopefully we will stay in touch. It seems like every wedding we go to, we meet great people who live really far away! At the Gomez wedding we met friends of Mike's who live all the way up in Boston, now we met Andy, Elizabeth, Scott and Lisa who all live in California! Geez Louise! Oh well. They really were great to talk with and seeing as Scott is a pilot, he and Mark had ALOT to talk about. I worked the wedding, but I had a great time. It was nice because I didn't miss a thing. I like being behind the scenes, and everything went rather smoothly.

The girls (Allie and Libby) are doing well. They are patiently awaiting summer to arrive, so we can head back to the lake for swimming and fetch everyday. Mark and I have been on a healthy kick lately, and have been eating much better. Our next step to a better life is to start exercising together (despite our past failures at this). Mark has already dropped quite a bit of weight (as evidenced by his pants that he bought at the age of 21 fitting him again), and he claims I have lost some too, but I'm not seeing it. My latest attempt at healthy eating was a total success: Rigatoni with steamed broccoli, parmesan cheese, garlic and a touch of olive oil. Served with a side of zucchini, tomatoes and caramelized onions, it was delicious! If anyone wants the recipe, let me know!

No comments: