Thursday, April 16, 2009

In Over My Head?

I'm realizing now that building a website is not as easy as I thought it would be. For the past few days I've been working on my photography website. I took a class at the Apple store and they walked me through the iWeb application which is very user friendly. After leaving the store I thought I could slap this thing together 1-2-3; boy was I wrong. Granted I haven't been able to really sit down and work on it for any real length of time, but it is taking me alot longer than expected.

It's sort of like giving a mouse a cookie. For those of you who are not familiar with the children's book, I will explain...
You see, you should never give a mouse a cookie; because if you do, he will get thirsty and then surely ask for a glass of milk. After you give him a glass of milk he will ask for a mirror to see his milk mustache, then when he sees himself in the mirror he will realized that he needs a haircut, so he will ask for scizzors. So on and so forth until he ends up sleeping at your house in a match box!

As I put this website together, I realize that with the creation of every new page, I need to add more and more pages to have it flow smoothly. This of course leads to adding the links back to the home page, FAQ page, Contact Us page, and blog at the top of every single page I add. So you see, I've given the mouse the cookie and he has taken over my guest room!

*Sigh*

No comments: