Friday, November 20, 2009

Just a little update

3 weeks ago, I started my new position in the Crime Prevention Unit. So far, everything is going smoothly; I've gotten into the groove of things, and I am looking forward to stretching my legs and seeing what programs I can implement or improve. So far, I've assisted on a safety presentation to a mother's group (which was really fun), we had a tour of 4th graders come through the PD, I'm setting up contacts for neighborhood watch programs, and I'm finally getting to see the other side to police work. I think this was the right decision!

My other "job" is also doing quite well. I had a family session last weekend which turned out wonderfully, and I'm booked Monday afternoon for another family session. It's funny, for years I hated photographing people; I thought it was boring! But now, I can't get enough of it! Kids are so much fun to work with, during the family session, I ended up taking more photos of just the kids than I did of the whole group!

Here are a few shots from that day:
This one is my favorite...






Other than working, nothing else is really new. We have kept Humperdink the kitten. We're still ironing out a few kinks with Git'er, as he doesn't want to share the litter box with the new addition, but I'm sure that will smooth over soon enough. Humperdink (or "Dink" as we've come to call him) has adjusted quite well to the dogs. Every once in a while I hear him hiss if Libby gets too pushy, but he is really relaxing with them now!

I can't believe Thanksgiving is less than 1 week away!!! Mark will be working Thanksgiving Day, so we've decided to postpone the eating until Friday. It will be a VERY small crowd this year with only us and Mark's mom (his father is headed to the deer lease that morning), but I'm sure we'll have a grand time. Thankfully, I have off Thanksgiving Day and the day after, so I will be able to prepare the house and deserts the day before.

Hmmm, let's see; what else is there? Oh yeah, my "bio" is up on the city website! Check it out here:
www.sugarlandtx.gov/police/services/crime_prevention/beat/beat05.asp

Mark was gracious enough to help me take my picture, so we headed off to the park after work and took a few shots. I think he did a great job (if I do say so myself)!
I hope everyone has a happy and healthy Thanksgiving!

No comments: