Last year I was in NJ for Christmas with the flu (yuck!), so we didn't really do much decorating at home. But this year we have out-done even the most diehard Griswald fans! I've even begun calling Mark "Sparky" in honor of his favorite Christmas movie patriarch. We have three trees this year (that's right folks, count them...3). You see, I just couldn't help myself! We bought a new (taller) tree a couple years ago, when we moved into this house. We realized that our little 6 footer just wasn't going to cut it with the 9 foot ceilings, so we upgraded :) Not wanting to waste, we kept the old one to put in the front office (that makes 2). But a few weeks ago, I went on a little shopping excursion with Keri and I found a great deal on a Charlie Brown tree at Garden Ridge. $20.00 for a pre-lit tree (and then we had 3).
So, we have them all decorated in different themes. Our main tree is in the living room with white lights and all our "good" ornaments (Christopher Radko and such) on it; the office tree is done up in a 1940's style, with old lights and hand-made ornaments, and the Charlie Brown tree is...well, just Red and Gold, placed in the kitchenette.
The halls are decked in boughs of holly (aka artificial, lighted garland), we donned our gay apparel (see t-shirts and jeans), and hung the stockings by the chimney with care (see prayed that the cat doesn't discover them and tear them down), and hopefully we will have ourselves the merriest little Christmas ever! The pictures are from a couple weeks ago, so there are more decorations up now, but have a look at our tannenbaum(s)






No comments:
Post a Comment