Keri, Richard (a co-worker) and I went to see one of our favorite bands last night. It was such a wonderful experience! Not only was the music AWESOME, but the message that the lead singer sent out in between songs really touched my heart. One of the things he said was this...
"When you squeeze a tube of toothpaste, the toothpaste comes out. When you squeeze an orange, orange juice comes out. But when you squeeze a Christian (meaning when we go through bad times or we are in a stressful situation), what you get isn't always what they sing about in Church". Though that message may seem silly and simple, it really got my attention.
When we go through a rough patch, do we really live the way we are taught to live? Do we go to the cross when we are hurting and lost, or do we curse God and grow angry with Him for "allowing these things" to happen to us?!
For those of you who don't know who Mercy Me is, they are a Christian Rock band, who have been together since the 80's, but they continue to create beautiful worship and praise music. Jonny Diaz and Phil Wickham opened, and they were both amazing. It was my first Christian concert, and I can't deny that I was a little nervous about what I would find. I have never been a "hand raiser"...in fact, I've always felt a little weird going to a church where those around me would do that. But last night I found myself singing along with a thousand other Christians, and without thinking about it, I raised my hand in praise of all that God has given us. It wasn't a weird jump for Jesus thing or a shake on the ground because the "spirit" takes ya...we all just sang together. After the last song, the lead singer immediately began singing A cappella "I Love You Lord"...after a few words, everyone in the center began singing along; the band left the stage, and the audience closed out the concert in song.
Of all the concerts I've been to, of all the artists I've seen...this was by far my favorite musical experience.
Below is a short video of their performance last night...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I had such an awesome time!!! It was amazing!! I loved Richard too! He's my new buddy! :o) Thank you so much for asking me to go! Love you bestie!!!
-Keri
Post a Comment