Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

It's official, I have the best husband in the world. We celebrated V-Day late this year because Mark was working February 13th and 14th. So this past Sunday he planned a day of fun and romance! First we went to church together (now this may not sound like fun to some of you, but the guest speaker was AMAZING, and we both really enjoyed it). After church we went ice skating at the Aerodome, where the Aeros (Houston's hockey team) practice. We had the BEST time! There were a bunch of little kids skating (aka falling down) around us, but we were able to stay on our feet! I think we both felt like a kid that day!
After about an hour of really burning some calories on the ice, we headed over to HEB to shop for dinner. Again, this may sound boring and completely unromantic, but I beg Mark to go grocery shopping with me all the time, and he never comes along. So for him to brave the Sunday afternoon crowds in HEB was a real treat for me. After we got home, Mark wouldn't let me near the kitchen. In fact, he wouldn't even let me see the recipe!
I was pleasantly surprised when he presented me with a table full of shrimp scampi, cheese fondue, "Red Lobster" biscuits, and pasta! White wine was chilled and waiting for us and the meal was absolutely delicious!

Three Cheers for Mark!

Since guys don't really get excited about V-day, my gift wasn't nearly as extravagant. I framed the lyrics to one of our favorite songs and after we paint the bedroom (who knows when that will happen), it will be hung over our bed. I'll have to plan a day for Mark to show him just how much I appreciate everything that he does :)

No comments: