Mark and I had SUCH a great time last week! We got to visit with family and friends, and we weren't rushed!!! We started off the trip in Brooklyn where we got to taste the Original Nathan's Hotdog Fries in Coney Island and then met Rick's parents. They are lovely, and I can't wait to see them again to discuss gardening, cooking and packaging (nice, right Mom!?). We ate L&B Pizza (the best Sicilian Pie in the world by the way) and laughed all through dinner.
Friday, we all piled in the mom-mobile and headed down to Seabright for Aaron and Nadia's wedding. Everyone had a blast...I wish you could see the photos that the photographer took; they came out beautiful! Congratulations Aaron and Nadia!!! Saturday we worked in mom's garden, tilling and planting. Thanks to Mark, Rick and mom's neighbor Tom for getting a VERY old tiller started and running! I can't wait to see the tomatoes Mom!
Since we spent Saturday on Mom's garden, Sunday (Mother's Day) we headed out to Ellie and Bryan's house for a few days. Monday we went to Cape May to see Mark's old Fire House and take a look at the old stomping grounds. Then we went over to the airport, where Mort (the Norwegian Pilot) took us up in his CJ (Chinese Trainer Plane that looks like a WWII plane) for some aerobatics! It was SO much fun!!! I have no idea how many times we were upside down, but it was better than any roller coaster! After our flights, we headed to the hanger where Mark, Bryan, Mort and Matt got to hang out, drink beer and eat peanuts; all while telling stories. I've never seem Mark so happy.
Mark's birthday (the big 3-1) was Tuesday, so we headed into Philly for the Mütter Museum. What a cool place! The Mütter Museum was founded to educate future doctors about anatomy and human medical anomalies, and was founded in 1858, when Thomas Dent Mütter, presented his personal collection of unique anatomic and pathological materials to The College of Physicians of Philadelphia. I LOVED it! I've always been interested in the human body and (for some strange reason) what can go wrong with it. I was in heaven. I should have been a Forensic Pathologist! We weren't allowed to take photographs of any kind inside the museum, so you'll just have to take a trip to Philadelphia to see it! After that we headed home for some home made birthday cake that Ellie made! Way to go Ellie!
Back to mom's for some rest on Wednesday (and more home made birthday cake...Go Mom!), followed by a tour of the Lower East Side of Manhattan and the Brooklyn Bridge on Thursday! Thank you Rick for putting together such a great day! He planned the whole route, including stops at some of the city's finest eateries including Katz's Deli, Butter Lane, Ferrara's and McSorley's (the oldest continually run pub in the US!). It was a full day, but everyone had a blast. As it turns out, President Obama was in town that day, so we got to get up close and personal with Marine One.
Friday we had friends and family over for drinks and snacks. Thankfully I was able to see everyone this trip (for the most part). Saturday we had lunch with my cousin and then headed back to Houston on a late flight.
It was a full trip, but so very worth every minute!
Here are a few shots from the week!
Mark, All geared up for his flight...


Of course...the famous Brooklyn Bridge shot...


The Bull on Wall Street

Our Girl Liberty


Another view of the Brooklyn Bridge

The crew at the famous Katz's Deli (Where Harry Met Sally...you know...THAT scene)

and of course, Shelton had to come with us!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment