We have a furry guest this weekend! Jersey came to visit us today. For those of you who are unfamiliar with who Jersey is (which would be all of you), she is my friend Keri's dog. A 70-some odd pound lap dog who is just full of energy and love. Her visit has shed some light on something that I never thought was possible. All these years, I/we have raved about what a wonderful dog Allie is, and how Libby is a little bit slow on the uptake, if you know what I mean. This still holds true, but I now realize that all the scuffles between Allie and Libby were not Libby's doing, but Allie's! She is such an instigator!
When I brought Jersey in the house, I thought for sure that Libby would be the first to start going ballistic and rough-housing; but it was Allie who causes all the problems! When Libby and Jersey are alone together they are fine. As soon as I add Allie to the mix, all hell breaks loose! On her own, Allie is wonderful...she listens, she obeys, she follows every command; but put her in the backyard with another dog and you would think that she was a wild animal! She jumps and barks, pounces, and runs like a cheetah! I am just amazed!
So hopefully this weekend will be uneventful, but I'm doubting that the calm that is currently here will soon leave and be replaced with uncontrollable animals! Wish us luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment