Sunday, April 18, 2010

Building Built-In's

I received a note the other day that read

"Hi Babe,
Just in case you were considering getting me something for my birthday :) here are some choices:

Rigid R4330 13 inch 3 blade Thickness Planer
$369.00 at Home Depot

Ryobi RE180-1PL Plunge Router
$99.00 at Home Depot

Love,
Mark"

I could just hear the "hint hint, nudge nudge, wink wink" as I was reading it. Subtle, no? I love that he went through the trouble of finding the prices too! hahaha

So it looks like we will be expanding Mark's tool collection in the near future...but for good reason! These tools will not lie dormant in the man-cave...these tools will not collect dust! These tools will be used promptly to build...(wait for it) built-in shelves and cabinets in the living room! "ahhhhh and the crowd goes wild!!!"

We have talked about adding some shelves to the living room wall for a while now, and as Mark's tool collection has expanded, so has his drive to build things. So hopefully we'll have something that looks like this:



within the next year or so. We're not rushing this, and I'm not expecting it to be done in a week. I understand that Bobby (the car) will have to live outside until the pieces are sanded and painted and ready for assembly. But I'm SO excited! Mark has always had a drive to build, and now we can do it!

Ours will be a bit different than the picture...it will go all the way to the ceiling, there will be more of a countertop, and the tv section will not stick out as far (because we have a flat screen). Mark has already spoken with a friend of his who does electrical work, and plans on installing recessed lighting and power strips along the back for easy access to outlets for the TV, stereo, BlueRay player, etc...

So, who knows when this will ACTUALLY get done, but the plans are in the works! Just thought I'd share!

No comments: