Sunday, October 3, 2010

18 weeks and counting...

On October 13th, we will hopefully find out what this little monkey is. So far he/she has been very uncooperative with Ultrasounds, so we're keeping our fingers crossed that they'll show us the goods. I can just see Mark in the Dr's office now, screaming "SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!" hehe
Things around here have been pretty normal. The house is all decorated for Autumn, the windows are open today to let the breeze through, and I have nothing to do. So, of course I figured I'd share our boring little life with you guys!

I've learned a lot in the past few months. There is so much "they" don't tell you about pregnancy.

For example, no one ever told me that the 9 months leading up to the birth would be painful in any way. For some reason I thought that life would just go on as normal (which for the most part it has) until the kid came out and then our whole world would be turned upside down. Nope, this crap hurts! What the heck?! I feel like a 10 year old again, with "growing pains". Unacceptable...the next will be adopted! hahaha just kidding.

Or, that you will no longer be seen as a human being by co-workers or acquaintances; you will only be seen as "preggers", "prego", "the one with child", "little mama", "baby carrier" or my personal favorite "the host". I feel like screaming out, "I'm a human being!!! Sanctuary...Sanctuary!" I'm not Quasimoto people, I'm just pregnant.

Another shocker for me was the sign that somehow started appearing on my belly that reads "touch me". I'm not even really showing yet! My clothes still fit! I think my reaction in the future will be to just reach up and touch their face...let's see how they like it! hahahaha

I also had no idea that so many people were admittedly against so many things! I've joined a "birth group" (an online forum of women all due in the month of March). Posts will show up about circumcision or vaccinations and its like the lions have been released! My Gosh! These women REALLY get upset about this stuff. My feeling is this; we will do what we want with our child...you can do with your child as you wish, and I don't care! As long as you're not hurting me or anyone else, I'm good with it. But some people just can't leave well enough alone. I'm just shocked at how insane some women can be over someone else's decision! Calling a mother a "butcher" because she chose to circumcise her son. Come on people!!!

And did you know that you need 1 million things for a child that weighs 8lbs? How can something so small need so much stuff?! Thankfully, my friend Meghan has offered to help with the "needs" and "useless crap" list of baby items. She is the most experienced mother friend I have, and I trust her opinion on many many things.

Owww...how could I not mention my favorite thing about pregnancy thus far?! It has got to be (drum roll please......) The boobs!!!! Ladies and Gentlemen...they're here!!!!
Yes, my boobs have gotten bigger. Thank you so much for noticing! I love them and I hope they stay around forever! As much as I love the Carter side of my family, I am completely aware that the Beck side of the family was blessed with the good lady part genes. Let's face it...the Beck's have got it going on in the ladies department! I unfortunately, inherited (as my grandmother so aptly puts it) the chicken shape...no boobs and a big butt, of the Carter clan. Don't get me wrong, I love my body, and I wouldn't have it any other way, but I'd also love to be able to wear a dress that doesn't have to be taken in on top. Although my back is thankful for my less than ample bosom, my bra and wardrobe choices have suffered.

Mark has been such a wonderful husband. Although I was blessed with no morning sickness, I have been cursed with headaches and migraines on a regular basis. I'm unable to take my regular migraine medication, so I'm stuck with regular strength tylenol (which does NOTHING for a migraine). Dinners have been cooked and cleaned up, floors have been swept and vacuuming has been done by my dear husband, when I can't get out of bed. Thank you darling!

The dogs have been hilarious (to Mark's chagrin). Normally, they never listen to me and ALWAYS listen to Mark. Not now! Allie and Libby will not leave my side (even when Mark calls them). I have to walk to the door to get them outside and walk to Mark when he calls them. It's hilarious really. I think it is so amazing that they sense something is different.

Nesting...I had heard this term before, but I never saw it in action until recently. Mark is nesting! hahhaa!!! In the past week he has changed out a light switch for a dimmer, replaced a window screen, taken down and replaced weather stripping on the back door, and cleaned the entire house in anticipation of this little one. Isn't it supposed to be me cleaning and organizing? HAHA! The closest thing I've done to nesting is put out the fall decorations!

Well folks, that's about it. I'll update you when we find out if it's a he or a she.

1 comment:

Tyson and Reannin said...

Cute blog! I can't wait to find out what it is!