So I haven't updated this in WAY too long, but there was a reason. I knew that if I updated it, I would be leaving out a very important part of our lives, and I didn't feel like making something up just so I would have a blog post. The Stockholm Family will be a full fledged family come the beginning of March. We won't just be a couple anymore, the "kids" will become pets again, and we will have to teach them to NOT bark during naps.
If you've known us at all, you'll know that this has been a long time coming. After 2 years and 1 tragic loss last March, we're finally going to be parents. We weren't really open about our "trying", and whenever anyone asked me if we were ever going to have kids I would simply say "some day" or "God willing". I didn't want to make it everyone's business. I didn't want to get the pity looks from friends or family who conceived right away. I didn't want to deal with any of that, so I just kept it to myself. But now I'm starting to feel comfortable with the idea of having a baby, and although it is with great hesitation and maybe going against my little bit of "superstition", I'm making the announcement.
If you've checked this blog at all in the past month, you should have noticed the added ticker up at the top of the page, but in case you missed it...Baby Stockholm is due March 4, 2011.
We'll find out if it is a boy or a girl in October, and I'll be sure to update you all on the progress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment