Mark is getting deployed today. Not exactly sure where he'll be or what he'll be doing, but at least it's only for 2 weeks.
For a little while there, we discussed him leaving the reserves to focus more on HFD and Paramedic studies, but after a long talk with one of his supperior officers, they have encouraged him to give it another try. So he'll be staying in for a little while longer. I know he enjoys it, and I'm sure at times he misses Active Duty life, but like any job there are some people who aren't suited for leadership positions, yet they are in them anyway. Unfortunately, there is such a person at his unit who is making the Reserve's lives pretty uncomfortable to say the least. Hopefully they have straightened those issues out and he'll be able to get back into the swing of things again.
I'm going to miss him of course, but he promises that he'll take lots of pictures and make lots of phone calls to keep me company. Of course my girlfriends all say I should be partying it up while he's gone, but I think I'll just be happy when he comes home safe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment