Thursday, July 23, 2009

I'm singin' in the rain!

Houston has been in a drought for quite some time now, so when I heard the pitter patter of rain drops on my window this afternoon, I couldn't have been happier! I think even Libby (who is usually not a fan of thunderstorms) is excited about the precipitation.

I leave for NJ in the morning, so hopefully this rain won't delay flights out of Bush Airport, but even if it does, I think I'm willing to put up with a little delay for a green lawn again.
Packing for the trip is done, and all my camera batteries are charged and ready to go. Only one more night and Jersey here I come! Mark will have the house to himself again this weekend, but he'll be working, so no big parties while I'm away hahahaha.
I know that I just went home last weekend, but I can't wait to see my family again. My uncle and aunt will be visiting from China with their daughter whom I have never met in person. I can't wait to give her a big hug and take lots and lots of pictures! We're having a BBQ at mom's place on Sunday and hopefully we'll be able to set up a family photo with everyone there. I am so looking forward to shooting my cousin's wedding on Saturday as well!
What an exciting time, even if I do only get to see everyone through my camera lens! I can't wait!
Of course I'll post pictures when I get back!

No comments: