Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Stitches can't keep me down

I've been out of work for almost 2 weeks now with these stupid stitches and although I can't do everything I would like, I've been able to get a bit done around the house. Mark was home for a few days in a row, so we were able to clean out the garage (I say we, but I really mean Mark), and the house is now spick and span! Our closets are thinned out as well! We donated a lot of our old clothes to the Military Order of the Purple Heart down the street from our home. It really feels good to not only clear out some room in our lives, but possibly help others while we do it.

We have recently started watching HBO's "TrueBlood", and I think I speak for both Mark and I when I say that it is AWESOME! We've downloaded the first season onto Mark's iPod, and have watched the entire season! Unfortunately, the second season isn't available yet to download, so we will just have to wait for it to come out. For anyone who is not familiar with the show, it is about vampires and werewolves, telepathy and shape-shifters; all set in the back woods of Louisiana. If you don't mind a little blood and a lot of sex scenes, then I suggest you take a look. You won't be sorry.

Other than watching my new favorite show, I've been doing a bit of photography work. I had a family session on Sunday and a "cousins" child session on Monday. I had such a good time at both. Whomever said not to work with children or animals mustn't have had my luck with kids. So far I have thoroughly enjoyed my time working with kids!

Sunday was a family session with my friend Karen, her husband and daughter. We set up a impromptu studio in her garage and had a ball! Here are a few shots from that day:





Monday was a little different, as I had 4 children, all under the age of 6! Again, I set up shop in a game room and just let loose! The kids had a great time and were all really wonderful. Here are some shots from that day:





Well I'm back to work Thursday night, and then I'm off to NJ for the weekend. Keri and Andrew's wedding is Sunday, and then I'm headed back to TX for a few days before heading back to NJ the next weekend for my cousins wedding! Phew! What a jet-setter I am becoming! Maybe we should buy our own plane......NOT!

1 comment:

Tyson and Reannin said...

Whew! You're a busy, traveling lady! HAVE FUN!