Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What a weekend!

Keri and Andrew's wedding was beautiful! Keri of course was glowing and was the happiest bride I have ever seen. They exchanged vows under a gazebo at the English Manor in Ocean Township, and you could just feel the love between them as they said their "I Do's". After the ceremony, guests mingled for cocktail hour while we all got together for pictures. The photographers (Bella Photography) were awesome! I can't wait to see their work!
It was a beach themed wedding with every detail covered. The place cards were tied onto starfish and sand-dollars and then placed in mini sand beaches, at the entrance to the reception area. Each table was named after a Jersey Shore town (Belmar, Manasquan, Atlantic City, etc). Their cake was shaped like a sand castle with graham cracker crust on the outer layer as sand! What a great idea!

All of us Bridesmaids were given parasols to carry, and being "the wild ones", my groomsman and I walked into the reception, threw the parasol up in the air, spun around and then he caught it before it hit the ground! What an entrance! Keri and Andrew danced their first dance to Steven Curtis Chapman's "I Will Be Here", sung by none other than her brother's girlfriend Allie. What a beautiful voice! The night went on, our speeches were given, and the dancing and fun began. Half way through the evening, we decided that our sashes better served as headbands and so we became Ninja Bridesmaids. My groomsman added his tie to his head and we were a great group of crazy Ninja's on the dance floor.

Alcohol was drank, Bon Jovi songs were sung, toasts were given, and in the end the happy couple drove away to start their lives together as husband and wife. It was by far the best wedding I have ever attended, and I was so honored to be a part of it.
Congratulations to the new Mr. and Mrs. Klingman!



The rest of the weekend was spent with the family and with Keri's family getting ready for the big event. Mom and I had Monica and the kids over for dinner Friday night, which turned into an impromptu search for a park for next weekend's wedding. We found a location and I think it will work out perfectly. Lauren and I talked about some ideas for photos, and I hope that I can deliver for them. I got together with Dad and Susan for dinner Saturday night (after the BBQ at the Campagna's house) and we got to talk about all kinds of stuff including racing of course!

All in all it was a great weekend. Only 3 more days till I'm back in Jersey!

No comments: