Now that it is over, I can tell you all about it. For the past few weeks I have been a 13 year old girl. Well not really, but I played one on the internet. My department was running a online sexual predator sting and I was one of the decoys. Although we tried very hard, it was extremely difficult to get a predator to actually travel to see our decoys. So I'm a bit disappointed in that, but I know that the next time we do this we will be better equipped to handle these situations. It was a learning experience to say the least. So that covers the disappointment part...
I've discovered that there are some truly sick people in this world. I knew this already, but after two whole weeks of hearing what grown men want to do to a 13 year old little girl, it really opened my eyes to the evils of this world. I won't go into detail of course, but I think it will suffice to say that they didn't want to take me to the movies.
For the most part I have been able to separate myself from work and not let the conversations effect me but, one man in-particular really got under my skin. He said that he wanted me to introduce him to my mother so that he could date her, subsequently move into our home and then he would have access to me whenever he wanted. He went on and on about how he could sneak into my room at night and then when I turned 18 we could run away together. I wanted to throw up talking to this sorry excuse for a man. Needless to say when Mark and I are blessed with children, they will never, NEVER go into chat rooms or any other networking system unsupervised!
We didn't make any arrests this go around, but I'm sure the next time we do this, we will catch one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Oh...my.....god....
I can't believe there are men out there that are this dirty, sick, psychologically unstable, etc. etc. etc.! VERY disturbing! This was a very interesting read.
You should talk to you're students about it...if you can. Make sure that they know not to give out ANY personal information over the internet to anyone they don't know personally. Not even their name or school. It is a scary world!
Post a Comment