I thought to post this because Mark just flew over the house about 5 times. Today he passed his written private pilots exam and tomorrow he will go on his check flight!! So by this time tomorrow, my husband will officially be a pilot! I am so very proud of him! He has worked really hard on this and I am overjoyed to see his dream come true. We might even go up for our first flight together on Sunday after we celebrate father's day with his dad. I can't wait!
Pictures will come soon I promise!
In other news, Mark has officially left the Coast Guard's active reserves, and will be spending the remaining 1 1/2 of his contract time as an inactive reservist. This may sound like gibberish to most of you, but basically it means that he doesn't have to go for the reserve weekends anymore and he is much less likely to be called to active duty. It was a hard decision, but ultimately he said that he felt it was the right one. He can still go back if he wants to, but as of now I think he is planning on staying inactive for the remainder of his contract.
In completely unrelated news, we are going to plant a fig tree and either an apricot or a cumquat tree in the backyard. I have wanted to have a little garden for a long time, but Mark is convinced that I won't take care of it; so I will settle for a few trees that don't need much gardening to maintain. :) I can't wait to pick our first fruit and make a desert or just eat it right off the tree! Again, once we have them planted, pictures will follow. Yay Green Thumbs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
That's so cool that you'll be able to go up and fly with Mark! Totally random...but I started laughing as your blog went from talking about Mark and his decisions to...."in other news! We're thinking of planting some kind of fruit tree."
I'm excited for you that you're planting some kind of fruit tree. That'll be fun!
hahaha...yeah people say that I have ADD but I don't kn.....Oh look something shiny! hahahahah
Post a Comment